The position reports directly to a Business Development Team Leader. Individual is responsible for soliciting new business for Advantage Futures and converting prospects into revenue-generating accounts.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: increasing sales revenue across the organization; mastering all aspects of Advantage’s products and services; and understanding and continually improving Advantage’s sales process. This will be achieved by developing and qualifying leads via independent sources; converting leads to revenue-generating accounts; maintaining a detailed and comprehensive prospective client database; diligently following up on leads; preparing and sending proposals to prospective clients; processing complete and accurate account paperwork on behalf of prospective clients; working with Marketing to expand the Advantage Futures profile in the marketplace; fulfilling all Compliance, Operational and Risk Management-related tasks for account management and new account responsibilities; coordinating business activities with Risk Management, Compliance, Operations and IT departments; and assisting other Advantage salespeople in their business development and client service efforts.
Salary and Title commensurate with experience.
- 5+ years sales experience in the Futures Industry
- Bachelor’s degree
- Book of business preferred but not required
- Professional Certifications – Series 3 (within 30 days of employment; study materials and classroom review provided.)
- Self-motivated with the ability to mine leads, cultivate prospects and generate revenue-producing clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with prospects, clients and colleagues
- Strong client service focus to maintain current relationships and encourage referral business
- Ability to attend various industry functions to expand knowledge and network with prospects
- Strong work ethic and desire to succeed
- Ability to work with changing priorities and a diverse group of people
- Exceptional presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to create flawless letters and client proposals
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Salesforce, etc.)
To apply for any of the positions, please submit your resume and inquiry to:
Peggy Murphy, Senior Vice President, Human Resources
The Department of Labor issued new regulations for the Family and Medical Leave Act, which has increased guidance and expanded coverage. Please click here to view this notice.