Twitter serves as a resource for traders by tracking real-time market information, events and industry news. It can be used as a personal news wire service, receiving feeds as they are shared by users from homes, offices or mobile devices from any location.
Every second, on average, around 6,000 tweets are tweeted on Twitter, which corresponds to 350,000+ tweets sent per minute, 500 million tweets per day and around 200 billion tweets per year.* Many exchanges, technology companies, FCMs and traders are active on Twitter, sharing their own market and industry insights.
New to Twitter? Here are some basic definitions to launch you into the Twitterverse:
- Tweet: A Twitter message, contains up to 140 characters of text, and can include photos, videos and website link
- Retweet: A Tweet that is shared to the followers of another user’s Twitter account
- Feed: Shows Twitter updates posted by those you follow
- Handle: Your account name, for example Advantage Futures handle is @FuturesNews
- Hashtag: Word or phrase preceded by “#” sign. Hashtags mark a topic (or topics) and allows users to find messages with a specific theme or content
- Trending: Popular topics on social media within a short period of time
Advantage Futures tweets industry news, information, seminars, events, as well as company announcements. Follow us on Twitter @FuturesNews.