Colocation refers to hosting servers at our high quality data centers that offer an attractive method for traders seeking the fastest, most redundant access to a futures exchange matching engine. Colocation can greatly benefit traders who are running automated trading systems, from greybox to blackbox. Taking advantage of server colocation brings your strategy as close to the exchange matching engine as possible, significantly reducing execution times, as well as the risks of multiple points of failure. With remote access to your colocated server(s), you can also enjoy the freedom to trade quickly and confidently from anywhere around the globe.
THE ADVANTAGE FUTURES LOW-LATENCY ADVANTAGE
For algorithmic traders or high-frequency, low-latency traders, server colocation at one of Advantage Futures eight highly secure data centers provides our lowest latency exchange connection. Each data center is equipped with multiple, redundant direct exchange connections to provide you with high-performance connectivity and reliability.
All eight data centers are outfitted with state-of-the-art networking equipment that typically operates at less than 20% capacity during peak market conditions. Our infrastructure and network are fast, reliable, redundant and scalable, built to support mission-critical functions and higher than peak demand levels. Data center locations include the CME’s colocation facility in Aurora and 350 E. Cermak.
THE COLOCATION PROCESS
For traders looking to take advantage of direct access to the exchanges, Advantage Futures offers a simple step-by-step process to ensure you’re up and trading in no time.
- We consult with you about your server needs.
- You purchase a server and have it shipped to our offices. We are happy to consult with you on your custom server options to ensure your investment meets your needs.
- We optimize your server when it arrives, set up VPN access when necessary, and install the server in our rack space at the data center.
- We provide a login so you can upload your trade logic onto the server.
- We work with you to perform speed tests to ensure everything runs smoothly.
- Once everything looks good, you activate your trading operation and start executing trades.
SERVER HOSTING SERVICES
Advantage Futures Server Hosting Solutions Include:
- 24-Hour Support – Sunday 2:00 PM to Friday 5:00 PM CST
- Back-up Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)
- Optional Disaster Recovery Protection (Non-production servers hosted at Downers Grove facility offered at 50% of regular monthly cost)
- All servers are equipped with a LOM port component (To allow Advantage remote access to the server)
FAQ ABOUT SERVER HOSTING WITH ADVANTAGE FUTURES
Q: Who provides the server space?
A: Advantage Futures provides server space for our clients. We currently lease more than 4,000 sq ft in multiple data center facilities and work with clients to ensure all their server needs are met.
Q: How does Advantage Futures support the set up of the server space?
A: Advantage Futures monitors all connections at our data centers remotely via a robust network monitoring system. Our technology team frequently performs on-site support for our clients.
Q: How fast will trades execute through server colocation?
A: Our technology team is happy to facilitate side-by-side testing in a production environment for clients seeking to quantify deltas.